Fundraisers and Donations
Knightdale is participating in the Belk Charity Sale. Please help sell as many Belk tickets to support your theatre!
KRT and ITS are also donating canned food for Trick or Treat so Kids Can Eat. You can turn in your cans into Mrs. Gibbs office in room 1330. Please do not hesitate to donate.
We Need Your Help!
Parents, Students and Community Volunteers,
Resource Needs for Knightdale Drama
- Build shelves for the lumber (lumber racks)
- Purchase or build cabinets for storing all of the hand and power tools
- Clear and organize ?the loft?
- Remove all the debris from the backstage area(old big sofa)
- Clean the floors in the shop
- Put a screen in the sink to catch the paint, etc.
- Build a small 12? platform to go under the dimmer board so that the board operators can actually see from the view window in the booth
- Put together the table saw
We Need Parents and Adult Community Volunteers to contribute time to
- cover the backstage area during performances, especially keeping people out of the dance studio theatre and other teaching spaces in the arts wing
- serve refreshments during the run of the rehearsals and perhaps, something like spaghetti dinners during tech week and the week of the show
- set up opening night galas for the audience/organize and prepare the cookies and punch/the decorations
- run errands for Saturday rehearsals, generally for small things needed from the hardware store
- supervise the technical schedule on weekday evenings and Saturdays when the bulk of the scenery is built
- be advocates for the program
- drive students to sell program ads so that it can become a stream of revenue to support the program
- set up for special events and monitor them, i.e., talent shows, ITS inductions, etc. end of year theatre banquet and picnic
- arrange educational field trips both local and long distance including to New York, for NCTC One Act Play Festivals, North Carolina Thespians, etc.
- arrange deals with tee shirt vendors, local printers, etc. for the best deals, people who donate food to the tech week dinners, etc.
- run the box office on show dates and supervise the front of house
- put together our Playbill and Showbill for theatre events
- stay with our young visiting students while they rehearse the holiday show
We need funds to purchase
- several rolling costumes racks for storage and shows
- clear storage bins to store, neck ties, socks, bras, gloves, slips, scarves, etc.
- corrugated cardboard boxes with lids and labeling spaces on the side for shoes, belts, hats, etc.
- a rolling plastic set of drawers on wheels to store the make-up
- lumber: 2x4x8, 1x4x8
- ¾? sheets of plywood
- 4x8 sheets of luan
- flat black latex/interior paint ( 5 gallon bucket)
- flat white latex/interior paint (5 gallon bucket)
- primary red flat latex
- primary blue flat latex
- primary yellow flat latex
- brown flat/ interior paint
- ¾? drywall screws
- 1? drywall screws
- 6? carriage bolts
- strap hinges 1?, 2?, 3?
- painting tarps
- paint brushes ¼? , ½?, 1?, 1½?, 2?, 3?, 5?
- paint rollers with handles
- texturing brushes
- bolt or roll of 45? or 60? muslin (unbleached) (50 yds or 100 yds)
- thin mesh chicken wire
- 4x8 sheets of corrugated cardboard
- various color gels for lights
- four strip lights (can purchase used)
- fog machine
- strobe light
- mirror ball
- 1 chandelier (for period pieces)
- 1 Queen Anne wingback chair
- bentwood chairs
- 4x8 sheet brick vacu-form (can be purchased in hardware store)
- black velour fabric
- rear screen projection fabric
- rear screen projector lens
- Period evening wear and gowns
- Period hats
- Costume jewelry
- Necklaces, rings, ear rings, etc.
- Fabric (all colors and textures)
- Merrow Serger
- Ironing board
- Sewing notions
- Period for women and men
- Costume mannequin
- 18 volt cordless drill kits
- Drafting table
- Printer for student office
|napkins, cloth, dinner||four|
|pipe||Sherlock Holmes type|